Tutor, Wim de Vos
dates for 2019 to be advised
Participants will learn the basics of manipulation and construction using acrylic (Perspex) sheets of differing thickness.
The workshop will cover the use of tools and equipment and will include cutting, drilling, sawing, engraving, gluing, cleaning and polishing.
Participants should come with a project in mind. It is usually good to start with a box or frame, not larger than 30cm x 30cm x 30cm.
Introduction to materials, Perspex, polycarbonate. Design, use of light.. Tools and equipment. Techniques, cutting, drilling, gluing, assembling work. Finishing, polishing, mounting etc.
Other techniques, eg engraving. Construction and finish of frame, box or sculpture.
Materials required to bring:
- Notebook, pen HB pencil
- Steel ruler, 30 to 50cm
- Acrylic sheet 1.5mm, 2mm or 3mm thick (off-cuts to suit the project)
- Small, portable vise if you have one already.
- Cotton rag (about 50 x 50cm)
- Medium to fine grade, flat ‘bastard’ file (yes, that is what they are called!).
- Sandpaper (wet and dry, 1200, 180 and 80 gauge).
- Perspex off-cuts: Foremost Plastics, Lytton Rd, Bulimba, 3217 9177 OR Reverse Garbage, 20 Bourke St, Woolloongabba, 3891 9744
- Plate cutter
- Jewellers’ saw, drill.
- Syringe bottle
To book your space or enquire about these classes more please call or email us, we would be happy to help. Phone: +61 7 3892 4570 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org